- This event has passed.
Detention Training Officer Course – Camden County – July 2020
July 14, 2020 @ 8:00 am–July 17, 2020 @ 5:00 pmFree – $400.00
This 32 hour course will provide experienced jail officers and supervisors the training needed to perform as a Detention Training Officer. This course is a Field Officer Training Program for the jail / correctional environment. The training topics will include but not be limited to the history of the Field Training Officer (FTO) program, Professional ethics, the importance of proper documentation, how to deal with troubled employees, as well as training the millennial and Generation Z employees. There will be scenario based training at the end of the course in order to teach those attending how to interact with the new detention officers you will be training and documenting their performance. This course is recommended for experience Jailers, Deputies, and other correctional staff that are tasked with training new employees. Although this course is geared to the jail environment, any experienced law enforcement officer, fire fighter, EMS, security, or range officer would benefit.
At the end of the 32 hour course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the proper completion of daily, Weekly, and Monthly Observation Reports.
- Identify common trouble areas with new employees and how to correct them.
- Demonstrate supervision and subordinate relationships and the importance of those roles.
- Identify generational thought process differences in Millennial and Generation Z groups.
- Identify the common learning methods individuals respond to.
- Identify the importance of training liability.
This course is formatted to meet Missouri POST CLEE Requirements
- 2 hours Legal Studies
- 10 hours Interpersonal Perspectives
- 16 hours Technical Studies
- 4 hours Skill Development
Students are responsible for their own transportation, Per-Diem, and hotel expenses.