- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Court Security – Montgomery County – July 2020
July 27 @ 8:00 am–July 28 @ 5:00 pmFree – $150.00
This 16-hour course is designed to provide participants with a basic understanding of the fundamentals associated with providing a safe and secure environment for conducting court business, as well as seeing to the safety of all who pass through the courthouse doors.
• Legal Issues
• Authority of the Court Bailiff/Marshal
• Restricting Access to the Court Facilities
• Searches of Person, Property and Vehicles
• Critical Security Issues
• Access to the Courthouse
• Security Screening & Equipment
• Prisoner Access & Control
• Media Access & Control
• High Risk/High Profile Trials
• Non-Exhibit Weapons of Opportunity
• Jury Procedures
• Judicial Security
• Bomb Threat Management
The “Funnel Theory” of court security, “Simply put, every part of humanity somehow finds their way through the top of the funnel and flows down the small hole on the bottom called the courthouse, all at usually the same time.”
MSA is celebrating 75 years of service!