- This event has passed.
HFRG Threat Pattern Recognition (TPR) Use-of-Force Instructor Course – Feb 2020
February 24 @ 8:00 am - February 28 @ 5:00 pmFree – $425.00
This 40-hour instructor level course is designed to develop the skills of the participant so they can train others in the use of subject control techniques designed to control the most common types of resistance officers encounter.
You must be capable of strenuous physical activity in order to attend.
1. Evolution of a Human Factor Engineered System
2. Threat Pattern Recognition Methodology
3. Design Methodology
4. Combat Human Factors
5. Combat Use of Force and Survival Principles
6. Relative Positioning Model
7. Tactical Handcuffing
8. Escort Position and Joint Lock Control
9. Pressure Point Control Tactics
10. Defensive Counter Strikes
11. Shoulder Pin Restraint System
12. Impact Weapon/Collapsible Baton System
13. Weapon Retention/Disarming
14. Identifying the Limits of Firefight Performance & Threat Pattern Recognition Solution
15. TPR Resistance Movement Time Examples
16. Instructor Development and Training Protocols.
Note: This course is not intended to teach the basic techniques. The focus will be on developing your skills for teaching other the techniques. Participants’ ability to properly demonstrate each technique will be assessed the first day. Those with inadequate skills will be sent home.
POST CLEE Credit
2 Legal Studies
14 Technical Studies
20 Skill Development
4 Skill Development-Firearms