Mental Health and Employee Wellness in Corrections – Taney County – Oct 2020
October 27 @ 8:00 am–6:00 pmFree – $25.00
The presentation covers mental health in public safety, specifically as it relates to correctional officer mental health. It begins with information on how dangerous correctional work can be and the effect that it has on a person’s mental and physical health. It includes examples of what to watch for that may indicate a co- worker or employee may be struggling and offers action steps that can set the person on the road to getting the help they need. It offers insight into employee wellness and peer support programs, as well as many legal pitfalls to avoid.
• Stressors in Corrections;
• Red flags, identifying the early signs of mental health problems in corrections;
• Legal rights and responsibilities — what you can and can’t ask employees;
• Steps to take if you believe an employee needs help with an issue; and
• Starting or Strengthening a Peer Support Program.
MSA is celebrating 75 years of service!