- This event has passed.
OC Pepper Spray – User Course – Adair County – Feb 17, 2022 (POST Control #15519)
February 17 @ 10:00 am–3:00 pmFree – $25.00
OC Pepper Spray User
The Adair County Sheriff’s Office is conducting this course and has invited outside agency law enforcement officers to attend. This registration is not for Adair County Sheriff’s Office students.
This 4-hour course begins with the history of OC Pepper spray use and moves onto health effects including impact on human eyes and the respiratory system. It covers in-custody deaths, and the role pepper spray may or may not have played.
In addition to covering how to deploy pepper spray, this course goes into under what circumstances pepper spray may be appropriately used as a force option, decontamination procedures, and the need to monitor closely for adverse medical effects after its use.
CLASS SIZE: Non-Adair County Sheriff’s Office Students Limited to 10 Registrations
Who Should Attend
• Patrol Officers
• Corrections Staff
• Administrative Support Staff
• EMS Personnel & 1st Responders
• Legal aspects of OC deployment
• OC pepper spray containers and minimum deployment distances
• Common spray patterns and target areas
• Steps to reduce the possibility of Hydraulic Needling.
• Acceptable decontamination solutions
• Documenting use of OC pepper spray
Successful Completion Requirements
Participants are required to pass a written exam with a score of 90% or better and demonstrate the ability to properly deploy inert training spray. PARTICIPANTS WILL NOT BE EXPOSED TO OC.