- This event has passed.
Public Safety Media Training and On-camera Exercises-Boone County-July 2021 ***CANCELED***
July 28 @ 8:00 am–July 29 @ 5:00 pm
***THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO A LACK OF SUFFICENT REGISTRATIONS***
This 2-day course offers a unique, hands-on training experience that places students in the center of simulated breaking news events. From a terrorist attack to a daily routine incident, students experience the rapid-fire questions and demands of reporters and the public along with the urgency to push out their own accurate narrative in a timely manner.
• Designed for Public Information Officers, Command Staff and/or anyone in law enforcement who communicates with the News Media or General Public.
• From no experience at all in dealing with the news media to career Public Information Officers, this class will benefit both beginners as well as the more experienced.
• Setting the Accurate Narrative of a story
• Creating Talking Points and Sound Bites
• Holding News Conferences and Interviews
• Utilizing both Social Media and Mainstream Media
• Writing and distributing an effective media release
• The use of proper physical posture, voice inflections as well as facial expressions.
Russell Ruffin, the creator and lead instructor of this training, is an Emmy Award Winning network television news veteran of NBC and Fox, who has covered the world’s major news events for more than 25 years. He has authored two books on Media Relations, Media Survival,
the Public Information Officers Guide and Media Matters: News Media Relations.
• Study Material,
• POST CLEE credit,
• A 200-page workbook, and
• A DVD video or USB jump drive of an on-camera interview.
POST CLEE CREDIT
2 Hours Legal Studies
14 Hours Technical Studies